Another week, another cookie recipe. This week is to help those who can’t find any eggs on the shelves at the minute. These chocolate chip cookies are delicious with a cup of tea and are so quick to make and bake. You can switch up the chocolate chips for something different like M&Ms or maybe you still have some Mini Eggs to get through from Easter! The egg is replaced with milk and oil which sounds gross but you really can’t tell!
I promise the next recipe will not be cookie related, but you have to admit, you cant beat a good cookie!
Recipe adapted and inspired by SugarnSpiceRadhika
- 113g Margarine
- 52g Caster Sugar
- 105g Soft Brown Sugar
- 192g Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Bicarbondate of Soda
- 1 Tablespoon of Milk
- 2 Drops of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven ro 180 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Using a handheld electric whisk beat together the margarine and sugars until they are light and fluffy
- Fold in the flour and bicarbondate of soda until well incorperated
- Next add in the vanilla extract, oil and milk and mix until you form a dough then fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into walnut shaped balls and place on the baking tray. Keep some distance between each one as the cookies will spread in the oven
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 mins. For a moist cookie the edges will be browning and when you touch the edges they wont collapse. The middle will set out of the oven.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack then enjoy with a cuppa