To follow on from my last post I thought I’d post another recipe anyone can try whilst we’re social distancing. I’ve seen loads of posts on banana bread on social media so thought I’d jump on the hype and give it a go as well! The recipe is great if you’ve got over-ripe bananas left to use up, and avoids them going to waste! The loaf can be made all in one bowl making it so quick and easy to make. It makes for a nice little pick-me-up with a cup of tea!
To be honest, I’ve never been a fan of banana bread and have struggled to find a recipe I really like. I’ve seen Banana Bread trending massively in the last few weeks and thought I’d have another search. I found this recipe and quite honestly it is so far the only one I have actually enjoyed and not given away! The loaf is moist and really chocolatey so the banana flavour isn’t too intense. I find some recipes the bread can end up being really rubbery but this one came out the opposite.
I’ve added my own personal touch and added some cinnamon into the recipe. I think Banana and Cinnamon are such a delicious combo and it worked really well but if you’re not keen just don’t add it in.
Recipe adapted and inspired by Tasty
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 75g Margarine
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Half Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 185g Plain Flour
- 85g Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven 180 Degrees. Line and Grease and Loaf tin
- To begin melt your butter in the microwave (it should only take about a minute)
- In a large bowl mash the banana using a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the melted butter
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and then add it to the banana
- Add in the vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder and flour. Stir well until well incorporated
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again
- Spoon the batter into the lined loaf tin and sprinkle and chocolate chips you might have left on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins. You can tell when its done when the cake springs back when you touch it or when you put a skewer through it will come out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins then transfer onto a wire rack